Wednesday, September 28, 2011

T is for Time

What does one do, when it is a slow week for subbing, and has way too much time on her hands? Let me fill you in...seeing as how this week has been beyond slow in the subbing department. Amazing how the last couple of weeks were filled with work, and this week has given me nothing. I must say, though, that I've made very good use of my time.

First, I learned how to make this headband/ear warmer thing:

It really was easy, which says alot for me because I know how to knit regular scarves, and that's it. I got the "pattern" from http://elisajoy.com/mclaughlindesigns/patterns/. Which I found on my new love Pinterest.

Also found on Pinterest was a tutorial on how to get the wavy hair look. I still need practice, but it didn't turn out too bad!

I know this hair style doesn't exactly go with a WSU v. UW Apple Cup 2006 t-shirt, but I guess people will just have to deal with it.

But seriously, where are all the sub jobs? I'm officially official now, with my real teaching certificate (no more "permit") and I'm waiting on 2 districts to hire certified subs, which won't even be for another month. So, that leaves me with para subbing, and teacher subbing in the 2 smallest districts imaginable. Come on people, let me teach!!

At least I know how to have cute hair now.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

First of all, GOOD JOB! That headband is so cute! And second, what is your Pinterest account? I want to find you! Mine is "artistwifemom".

Katrina said...

OoOOo. I love your hair like that.

Amy said...

Thanks!

Stephanie - I am now "following" you on Pinterest. I don't really know what my account is, so hopefully you can find it now :)

My-cliffnotes said...

Love the headband! And the hair way fun.