Friday, July 15, 2011

The Whimsy

My friend, Levi, has this rad band called The Whimsy. You can listen to his laid back tunes here. Last night he was playing at Pop Culture on main street. I'd never been to Pop Culture before, but apparently it's a pretty happening place (at least on this particular night - read more to find out why). The place was jam-packed full of a ridiculous amount of people. Somehow, we lucked out and got a spot on a couch! 

Not only was The Whimsy playing, but it doubled as a fundraiser for a guy named Ryan Woods, who has a cancerous tumor in his spine. I don't even know the guy, but he must be some kind of special Godly man. The outpouring of love and support for him and his family was overwhelming, even for a bystander like me. To be able to witness the kind of caring people have for him really was a blessing. He's one of those people that you know has Jesus living in his heart. You know what I'm talking about? Where you look at him and his interactions with people and think 'Something's different about that guy over there.'  It made me stop and ask myself, do people think that about me? Do they see God in me, in everything that I do? Perhaps not, but they should, and I've decided that they will....with the help of God.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

BAM! You have a blog! Heck yes!

Amy said...

Haha! You found it...Obviously, I haven't blogged again, but was just thinking about giving it another go :)

My-cliffnotes said...

YES! I thought I was sneaky finding it too and then I saw your fb post haha. perfect timing. Keep going!